Roses

"I could complain because roses have thorns or I could rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."

Thursday, May 10, 2012

One Whole Year

When I was so busy in nursing school I repeatedly thought to myself "I certainly won't be this busy when I am done with school". Ha. Somehow there are still not enough hours in the day to do everything I want/need to do. Work has definitely kept me busy. I have been covering Utah county for the company and was the only nurse for a while. It was a little crazy but I made it. Jonathan finished his semester and did great! He is looking for opportunities to shadow physical therapists this summer. We are working on possibly doing a little turkey farming on the side. Can you believe we have been married a little over a year? The first year went by so fast and was so wonderful. We have made a lot of good memories and there are plenty more to come! We had a quiet 1st anniversary. It was Sunday so we enjoyed a nice candle-lit dinner. We then went for a walk around the Provo Temple grounds.
For date night last week we bought a cheap $10 tabletop BBQ grill and went to the park to have a picnic. Long story short... the steak didn't cook, our food was fumigated with lighter fluid and our string cheese was bad. After all was said and done, almost nothing went the way we planned but it still turned out to be a blast! We were able to laugh it off and it became even more funny as things continued to go wrong! It was such a good feeling to know I was with my best friend and no matter what happened we could find the humor.
We brought my little sister Ellie down to the farm a few weekends ago. She walked in the shed with all the thousands of baby turkeys and said "I am going to name them all!" She made a good attempt too. She was entertained for a couple hours with catching all the turkeys and naming them while we worked.
For Easter weekend we went to Moroni. We took our niece to the Moroni Easter egg hunt. Let me tell you folks, the small towns know how to do it. That was the best Easter egg hunt I had ever seen! There were bigger and better prizes and doughnuts for all the adults! I may have enjoyed it more than my niece...
Here are some more pictures from the last little while... Provo Temple right after snow storm.
She loves her uncle!
Beautiful full moon down on Jonathan's Parents property. I have a new camera and wanted to try to get a cool shot.
ATV ride
just the 2 of us
Hope all is well with all of you!

2 comments:

  1. happy 1st! you are just so beautiful. and jonathan is handsome - must be that awesome Sanpete turkey dust that makes us Sanpeters grow up so good lookin! do you still live in utah county?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Thank you Anna! It may not smell very good but it sure does wonders for your skin! :)
    We do still live in Provo. May be thinking of moving to Nephi but still not sure. How is Monticello? I just looked at your blog and it looks like things are going well! Casen is so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete