Roses

"I could complain because roses have thorns or I could rejoice because thorn bushes have roses."

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Est 2011

Jonathan and I decided to start a blog for our family. We certainly are not a "bunch" yet but I like to plan ahead :) I don't know the first thing about blogging in fact it took me a few hours to set this up.... so many choices in colors and names. In fact, I'll be somewhat upset if it doesn't work. I don't see any buttons that say "save". Anyway, its a good way to keep up with us.
Right now Jonathan is working on the turkey farm. He goes down for a few days every week. Since I am currently unemployed I went down and helped too. I augered feed. I won't explain what that is, I will just allow you all to think I am cool. I am still on the job hunt. I landed a couple of interviews. One was at a plasma center. It would be a great job if it wasn't so far away. Its up by the University of Utah. The other interview was as a head nurse kind of thing at a small assisted living center in Lehi. It would be a great job but I'll be honest... I don't really want to be in management again. A job is a job and I'll take it if its offered but part of me hopes its not offered to me. The guy who interviewed before me looked like a stalwart young man who would do a great job. Also, the owners were so nice and I would hate for them to hire me and train me and then lose me if I found an RN job elsewhere (not in management). I would almost feel guilty taking the job. Other than that I have been spending my days applying for jobs, cleaning the house, figuring out this blog thing, and riding my bike. I am trying to remember what my hobbies were before I went to school.
Jonathan is also trying to put his business management knowledge to the test by starting an online business. He has some really good ideas and I think it will really go far if we can get it going. If anyone knows how to start a website let us know.

8 comments:

  1. Anyone know how to add pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for a blog! It took me forever to figure out the picture thing. I cant explain it...let along do it again - but I could show you sometime...maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I don't even know where to begin! I would really appreciate it if you could show me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the blog realm Stac! Its lots of fun! Good luck with the job hunt, I am currently in the same boat...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suz you are in Salt Lake now!!! Thats so exciting! I will let you know if I hear of anything up that way. Well actually my brother works at discover card and he LOVES it there. It has relly great benefits. Let me know if you want anymore info about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stacy -

    Pics are super easy. When you are in a "Post", there is a bar along the top with things like a little green thing that allows you to add a link, a little picture thing, and a video thing. If you want to add a pic, just click on the little square picture thing and a new box will open up. Then you can hit "browse" and that will take you to your computer. Just find the picture, click on it, and hit "save" or "open" at the bottom (can't remember what it says). That will bring it into the picture page - you can change the position (I usually just have mine centered) and you can change the size (I usually use Large), and then you hit save. If you are typing your post in the "Edit HTML" screen, it will show up as HTML, if you are in the "Compose" screen, it will show up as a picture. Anyway... you can preview the post, and it will show you what things look like. You should come over sometime, and I can teach you some other things. Plus, I've got a pair of XS scrubs for you if you want them. ;-)

    -Aunt Kara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Aunt Kara!!!I will try that. I should come over because I really have no idea what I am doing. I tried to put this really cute template thingy on but it only did half of it. Your blogs always look so cute.When would be a good day/time to come over? And yes I could use some more scrubs!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just call me (801) 360-4666 to make sure I'm home, but you can come any time. :-)

    ReplyDelete